1. Don't put too much text on your home page. The Title of your page, your table of links, a graphic (animated or plain) and a mail to link are all you need. Leave plenty of empty space (white space even if it isn't white)
2.You should not have more than three pages of content on any sub-page. If your genre runs longer, divide it into two or more pages linked together.
3. The first screen when the page loads has enough on it to identify important navigation and links.
4. A consistent web site theme. Same background and font color and font style throughout the website unless there is a valid reason for changing any of the above.
5. Website is easy to read, easy to navigate, and visitor has easy links back to the home page from every sub-page.
6. A prominent header or title that uses a combination of graphic and text.
7. Only essential images that download quickly and support the content are included. (no more than 50k worth of image files on the homepage and 100k of image files on sub-pages.)
10. Sparing, tasteful use of icons and symbols.
11. Hyperlinks clearly visible and all working.
12. No last names or identifying information included on any web page.