(a collaborative writing activity)
Students will be divided into groups of about four students. Each group will choose a Choose Your Own Adventure story from the web to read and analyze.
Rip Tide Adventure
Stories by former cybersophs, Another, and another.
Stories by 4th, 5th, and 6th graders
Groups will then plan their own choose your own adventure story and create it in the form of a web site.
1. Choose story and in the course of about 1 to 2 days read and discuss the story.
2. Analyze story book in terms of setting, characters, plot structure(s), theme, and point of view and vocabulary.
3. As a group, brainstorm for ideas for your own Choose Your Own Adventure story. You will be writing this for a 4-5 grade audience.
4. Whole group writes first lexia, establishing setting, characters, exposition and narrative hook. This should then divide into two paths.
5. Four person groups split into two person groups to write next lexia from narrative hook through rising action to next conflict(two more paths).
6. Two person groups split into individuals to write next lexia to climax and to the two possible resolutions.
7. Individuals may and should consult with other members of their group in writing their portions of the adventures.
8. Whole group edit and revise web site
9. Publish web site to Internet.
10.Study following graphic organizer for your websites.