My Fairy Tale, My Self
As we read Fairy Tales, we discover connections between the events in the Fairy Tales and events in our own lives. For this assignment you will make these connections with a fairy tale of your choice by writing about your own life in a variety of genres.
1. First you will use an internet search engine to search for fairy tales online. You may use the search engine of your choice.
2. Some sites of fairy tales.
3. Find, read, and compare fairy tales and choose the one to which you think you have the most real connections.
4. Open a new page in your website. Format with a theme or background that you think best fits your fairy tale. Type in your fairy tale. Link the fairy tale back to Web Folio page. Save this page as "Fairy Tale." On your Web Folio Page, hyperlink from "Multigenre Fairy Tale" to your Fairy Tale Page.
5. Studying the fairy tale, choose five possible topics to write about and link to the fairy tale
6. Your connections must contain the following genres: personal essay, character sketch, and a description of a place. The other two genres may be genres of your choice.
7. You will work in writing groups to do prewriting activities, write, revise, and edit each genre.
8. Have each genre teacher edited.
9. You may either type your genres directly into your web pages, or do them in Word and then insert them into the web page.
10. Put hyperlinks from the fairy tale to you genres and hyperlinks back from your genres to the fairy tale.
11. Put hyperlinks between your genres if there is any kind of a link between them.
12. Proof read your website with your group, check that all links work, add graphics if you wish, but be sure that the graphics add to the genre and don't detract from it. Notify me when you are completed with your Fairy Tale and are ready for me to grade it.